Cottage, Cattery Business and Registered Smallholding
Gyrn Cottage, Gyrn Road, Selattyn, Oswestry, Shropshire SY10 7DL
Set just up the hill from the village of Selattyn, in a peaceful location in the mountains on the border of the North Wales and Shropshire, with convenient access to the market town of Oswestry and transport links to Wrexham and Shrewsbury just down the road and rail links from Gobowen.
Selattyn features a historic church, the Cross Keys Pub, which is famed for their music evenings and social events, and a popular primary school. The immediate area features excellent schools and amenities.
Oswestry is 3.4 miles / Shrewsbury 21.9 miles / Chester 24.6 miles / Wrexham 12.5 miles.
The Offa’s Dyke Path runs near to the property.
The 3-bedroom detached original cottage has been extended twice over the last century and is set in a delightful location with no neighbours overlooking the property and excellent views across the valley and right down the Cheshire plain.
The property extends over 0.71 hectares.
The main cottage comprises:
- 3 bedrooms.
- 2 bathrooms (1 bathroom could be converted into a bedroom).
- 1 toilet downstairs.
- Entrance / Cloak room.
- Dining room.
- Drawing Room with inglenook fireplace and stove.
- Under stair cupboard/pantry.
- 2 large attic spaces with foldaway ladder access, lighting and flooring.
- Rear porch.
- Double Glazing.
- Oil fired Central Heating.
- Exterior lighting.
The cottage also features good sized gardens and lawn as well as outside recreational areas.
Gyrn Cottage Cattery is the leading cattery in the area, servicing Oswestry, Chirk, Wrexham and North Shropshire, with a loyal customer base extending into Cheshire and Wales.
The cattery is fully licensed and features:
- 19 double pens with spacious sleeping and run areas.
- Interconnecting doors allow all pens to be opened into larger family pens.
- Clear roof over run area removable windows along corridor.
- Separate Isolation Unit featuring 2 pens.
- Kitchen and food preparation area.
- Large Cattery Reception with office area and storage area.
- Cattery garden runs the length of the cattery.
- Perfect size to run on your own, or as a family without having to employ anyone.
- Office / Caravan (planning previously granted to make permanent – expired).
- Animal feed storage building / Kennel.
- Field with grazing sheep.
- Large enclosed Chicken Compound with building and run area with access to orchard and 2 further fox proof fenced in areas.
- Large wood and glass Greenhouse.
- Animal food storage building / Kennel.
- Orchard, established early, mid and late season apples.
- Vegetable Gardens with raised beds, some with hoop covers / Established raspberry, blueberry and gooseberries.
- Willow Garden, with willows for florists and basketry.
- Herb Garden.
- Bee Garden.
- Composting area.
- Expansion – The land around the house lends itself to the house being extended.
- Planning previously was granted to replace the caravan with an office building. This has expired.
- Business opportunities exist to expand the cattery with more pens, add rabbit, guinea pig and small animal boarding, develop a shop and sales element to the business or online sales.
- The property / smallholding also lends itself to developing additional business and income streams.
Please contact Ernest & Wilson for all sales information and to arrange viewings.